This is the next instalment of a series that will introduce the CGAA County Executive and Management Committee members, and shine some well-deserved light on the breadth and depth of experience that is working to support Gaelic Games across the country. Over the next few weeks, we plan to highlight all the Executive and Management Committee members.
Name: Jimmy Doyle
Position on Executive Committee/Management Committee: Western Division Representative
Home Club(s)*: Calgary Chieftains for 8 years
Former Clubs: ISSC Vancouver; St Peregrines, Dublin; Dromara Co. Down; St Kevin’s, Melbourne; Ballela, Co. Down.
- Calgary Chieftains Rookie Hurler of the Year, 2016
- Outstanding Achievement Award for Gaelic Games Development in Western Canada, 2017
- St Peregrines Player of the Year Award, 2009
- Development of GAA-specific playing fields in Calgary
GAA Leadership Experience
- Chairperson of Western Canada Division 2016 to present
- Chairperson of Calgary Chieftains 2011 – 2018
- Hearings Committee 2018 – 2020
- Level 1 tutor and coach, conducting several coaching courses across Western Canada.
- Refereed in tournaments, multiple Western and Eastern Canadian championships, CYC 2019, San Diego 7s 2015-2018.
- Coached ISSC and Calgary Chieftain ladies football teams from 2010-2018
- Coached Western Canadian men’s and ladies teams at World Games 2016
- Currently coach of Calgary Chieftains Og
Where did you grow up? When did you move to Canada?
I grew up in Co. Down and moved to Canada in January 2011.
Professional Background: BSc Economics and Management
Occupation: Project Coordinator/Project Manager
Other Tidbits You’d Like to Share:
- 1994 All Ireland football final watching Down beat the Dubs
- Worked as a bartender in the corporate suites in Croke Park from 2008 – 2010