This is your official “Notice of Meeting” of the Canadian Gaelic Athletic Association Annual Convention 2019, as required under GAA Rules.
The Annual Convention is the main policy and decision-making forum for Gaelic games in Canada and clubs wishing to be involved in making these important decisions should make every effort to attend. Clubs are now invited to begin preparations now by selecting delegates, making travel plans and considering nominations and motions for consideration. Where there are geographical challenges, participation via video conferencing is permitted.
This year’s convention will take place Sunday, December 8th, 2019 from 10am to 2pm in Montreal at the Best Western Ville Marie. More information is available in this post.
Submitting motions and nominations
- A new motion (if passed) is meant to establish either a new Canadian Bye Law, or a change to existing Rule, or new Rule of the GAA, LGFA or Camogie Official Guide(s)
- A motion to amend (if passed) is meant to make change to an existing CGAA Bye Law, or a change to existing Rule, or new Rule of the GAA, LGFA or Camogie Official Guide(s)
Who can vote?
- The following personnel are entitled to vote at the Annual County Convention.
- All outgoing members of the County Committee
- Two named delegates from each affiliated club, provided the Club has two delegates present or participating
- One named delegate from each Divisional Committee, provided the Divisional Committee has a delegate present or represented
Notwithstanding Rule 3.9 Official Guide 2016 Clubs who affiliate and compete in official Club Competitions up to and including Minor Grade only shall be entitled to be represented by two voting delegates at the County Convention.
- Proxy voting is not allowed, only delegates who are present or participating via video conferencing may vote.
Important deadlines/dates for 2019
- Motions and amendments must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday November 8th, 2019th.
- Signed nominations, including the signature of the nominee and the nominator must be submitted to email@example.com by Monday November 8th 2019.
- Confirmation of Club delegates has historically been recorded by the CGAA secretary prior to the commencement of the convention
Accommodation is at the Best Western Ville Marie in Montreal (3407 Peel Street). The CGAA is providing to each Club at no cost one hotel room for two nights (based on double occupancy). Submit delegate names to County Secretary.
To book additional rooms the cost is $110+tax/night. Here’s how to book directly with hotel for additional rooms:
Call toll free number 1-800-361-7791, mention block name “CGAA Convention Rate” and complete reservation with a credit card.
- Click on www.hotelvillemarie.com
- Enter arrival / departure dates
- Enter group code: CGAA
- Select type of room
- Complete reservation with a credit card number
Please note that rooms will be held until November 26th 2019. Group discount will not be applied to any reservations made after this day.