The Canadian Gaelic Athletic Association is committed to implementing an integrated Coach and Referee Education Pathway with a view to maximizing participation and optimizing best playing standards and practice. We have certified Tutors across Canada who are available to deliver referee, Foundation and Level 1 Gaelic Football and Hurling/Camogie certified coaching courses within your club/division. Working with Ulster GAA, LGFA, GAA and Camogie Association, we want to ensure the best standard are reached in coach and referee education.
If you are a member of the Canada GAA and are interested in hosting a course for your club please review the steps and information below:
- Review the CGAA Coaching Course Requirements document.
- Complete and submit the application form: Host a course application. When submitted, the application form will automatically be sent to the Development Officer for review.
- CGAA reviews the application and assigns or approves requested course tutor.
- Club receives approval from CGAA to host course
- Submit an application for an insurance permit the event.
- Add the details of the event to the CGAA website by clicking on the green “Post your event” button on the top right hand corner on the website.
- Club PRO should promote the course and request County PRO to also promote the course.
- Tutor to use data collection form provided by CGAA to be completed by course participants to receive certification.
- CGAA Development Officer coordinates issuing certificates to participants after successful completion of course.
If you would like more information, please contact us.