Congratulations on your Successful Affiliation as a member Canadian Gaelic Athletic Association (CGAA). Your club is now in a position to apply for the CGAA’s Start-up Development Grant.
Please complete the form below to request this development fund.
The Canadian Gaelic Athletic Association aims to improve the quality of training, support volunteers and
develop opportunities for people to participate in Gaelic Games.
This fund aims to encourage the set up of new clubs.
New club/organisation criteria (to qualify as a New Club)
- New Club applications will be considered when received between October 1st through April 30th.
What costs are eligible? (Club Capital applications will not be considered)
- Set up costs e.g. bibs, cones, nets, balls, training equipment, first aid kit etc.
- Coaching Certification Courses
- Referee Certification Courses
- Annual operational costs including insurance, registration, affiliation fees, travel, legal fees, venue hire will not be
How much funding is available per Club/Organisation?
- Development fund – up to $500 per club.
- An annual fund will be put in place at the beginning of the year. The fund will be closed once the funds are
- Applicants should note that successful clubs must comply with any reasonable request
regarding publicity from Canadian Gaelic Athletic Association.
- The Club Treasurer will “Steward Funds” to ensure that Funded Projects meet the objectives and criteria established, and will further ensure that all project expenses and reporting is completed and forwarded to the CGAA in a timely manner and or, on the demand of the CGAA.
The CGAA committee’s decision with respect to any application is final.